Monday, February 22, 2010

On the reading list...

Aside from holding fast to the Word, I have been reading a lot of different books these days. Some how staying off of facebook has opened up lots of avenues during nap time:) Most recently The Birthbook by Dr. Sears. Natural birth is pretty intimidating to me, even after having endured 12 hours of labor drug free, there are so many different variables that go into each birth, and so many possible complications. While Im not a pessimist, (I think this birth will go great), I am a realist and understand that there are risks with any delivery, drugs or not. This book has calmed my fears once and is slowly doing the same for the pending arrival of Wyatt- honestly though, I fear that big needle for an epidural or the possibility of a c-section much more than I fear sitting in transition for an hour or two!

Toddlerwise has been another quick read for me. We are moving into/have been in a season of constant correction and redirection for Speirs, which has been exhausting to say the least. With his feet able to take him where he desires to go, mischief and curiousity are always in pursuit. So since Craig and I have taken the advice of the Toddlerwise authors before, while reading Babywise, and the results were fantastic, I decided there was no harm in reading what they had to say about this upcoming year in the life of our toddler. I feel energized and refreshed with a slightly different perspective on the correction that Speirs certainly needs-and ready to get really serious about actively parenting. And once again Babywise is on the to read list these days. We are getting down to the wire and I can't help but feel like I have forgotten the wise council I was given so long ago:) 33 weeks tomorrow and so much to accomplish in the next 6-7 weeks! Happy Monday!

No comments: