Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Time

One Thousand Gifts by Voskamp is beckoning me to live in the present.  God himself is beckoning me to be present.  

When T was born, I really thought I might lose my mind. T didn't come out punching the world in the face, it's just that now there were THREE. I really didn't know how to balance it all (side note:I still don't). But in an effort to keep my cool and keep up, I was coming undone. As a home manager I wasn't managing anything at all.  My time in the Word was sporadic at best. I wasn't enjoying my family- I was merely getting by.  I just wanted to be done with having a newborn and have three obedient, squeaky clean young men.  Then the day came that I told S to "stop acting like a 3 year old".  Hello Reality. Hello B. He is 3 years old. I will not get these days back- what a break through mothering moment.  

It is no accident that I am reading this book at a poignant time of being a wife and mother.  I can chose to see today as a gift.  It sounds so cliche' but it's a truth bomb if ever there was one.  Perhaps, saving computer time for nap time is best, reading that book for the ump-teenth time is precious time, and the questions....OOOOH the questions.... are just worth answering.... possibly....maybe...:)


Remember these faces?

It's a good thing I'm writing these things down, because in about 30 minutes to an hour and everyday for the rest of my life I will have to remind myself of them:)


Happy Wednesday.

No comments: