Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ipso-Facto-Oreo-Columbo

We are 27. We have 2 small boys and one on the way. We want more children. We don’t actually own a car that can fit three car seats in the back. We don’t own a house. We don’t really know what we will be doing next year or where we will be. I am a stay at home wife and mother. My husband is not a white collar worker. We live on a budget, a tight one. We will probably home school our children and I may never pursue a “career” despite my college degree.

Those are simply facts about our station in life, but we seem to draw a lot of flack, questions, and opinions about these true statements. A lot of times, people (family, friends, strangers-you name it) project how difficult things must be since we don’t own a “home.” Some even voice that we should stop having children or that I should go “back to work," all in a round about way. I don’t live in a fantasy land and money sure doesn’t grow on trees around here. Our day in and out isn’t a breeze and my children need correction and loving, patient discipline hourly. Sometimes, I just want to sleep.

But despite all of the opinions (even my own at times), we are rich. We have Jesus. We have faith. We have each other. We have love, and a whole lot of it. We have forgiveness. We have abundant blessing in our children. We have a home in our two bedroom apartment that we rent. We have dance parties, ticklefests, and get to enjoy sweet treats. We have life, we have precious, precious life and I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 comment:

kellie reynolds royal said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog.I am also a stay at home wife and mother and pregnant with our third. Yes putting your kids in day care and working would be much easier on life financial,but if you can make it work by staying at home I'm all for it. I think putting your family first and having God in your home is the first thing. God will take care of his children. Hope you have a blessed night.