Thursday, August 27, 2009

Proverbs 30:7-9

This video was originally posted by Marc over at "...and the prayers" and then again by his daughter, Sarah, at "This Awkward Life." Proverbs 30:7-9 and Francis Chan's insight have wrecked my heart this morning. It is always profitable when scripture wreaks havok on my soul and it has been no different this morning.



I don't think that it is any secret (for those who know Craig and I) that my family lives paycheck to paycheck. But the Lord has always provided richly for us. We have yet to go hungry and have always been able to pay the bills, sometimes barely, but it gets done. This is at odds with the sin I square off with every day: comfort. I have to constantly be reminded that Jesus is better than money, comfort, a home, even my family. Proverbs 30:7-9 has caused me to praise Jesus this morning and thank Him for the abundant life He gives.

"...give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,"

No comments: